Wine and Cheese Party Recipe
From Dorothy McNett's Recipe Book.
| Browse by Category | Browse alphabetically | Cooking Club |
See Also: Appetizers · Wine Related Stuff
Wine and Cheese Party
1. Pignoletto...a light slightly sparkly white wine from Italy. A perfect aperitif wine as well as a party wine for celebrations. This is so popular with everyone, and goes with light appetizers as well as desserts. Today nicely paired with our olives from Spain. (Some stuffed with smoked anchovy and some stuffed with hazelnuts.) For something different, try the Pimiento Goat cheese from Spain with a dab of Quince Puree. It is wonderful.
2. Sablet 2000 Domaine de Piaugier from France pairs with wonderful triple creme brie d Affinois from France served with Toggles from Castroville wrapped with Serano Ham from Spain. This is a wonderfu course!
3. Pinot Noir (I chose Pessagno 1999 today as Steve just won some awards as listed in the news this week for this wine!) is paired perfectly with Molinari salami from San Francisco eaten with Olive Oil drizzled Croccottini Crackers.
4. A wonderful Bordeaux 1998 Pomerol from France is served with little chunks of Manchego cheese from Spain and some of the Bufalo de Mozzarella cheese from Italy that has been sliced and drizzled with olive oil and sea salt.
5. Broken Stone 1999 Cab/Sav/Shiraz from South Africa is perfect with a little fabulous California Point Reyes blue cheese on Dutch Toasts along with dried plums. Put some of the blue cheese on top of the plums. And then finish that off with some little chunks of Wine Lover's Chocolate from IsaBella Zanger Chocolates of Hollister.
6. And if you still are tasting....try a sip of port.
Recipe created 2002-10-13.
© 1996-2013 Dorothy McNett. All Rights Reserved.