See Also: Appetizers · Wine Related Stuff
Wine Tasting on a Sat Afternoon
Just enjoy the process of selecting some unique wines. Why serve something they already know about? Make it a story...tell where the wines are from and anything you know about it. You can't go wrong with great cheeses on beautiful plates, simple crackers, and fruits. Dips and sauces can be added as you go, but remember to keep everything in a flavor balance as much as possible.
great wines, at least 6 (2 whites, 4 reds)
great assorted cheeses
simple crackers or old world style breads
1. Alvarinho - Morgadio da Torro from Portugal $16.99
with Laurious or Toro semi-hard cheese to slice with a shaver into thin pieces
2. Marsanne - Marilyn Remark from California $29.99
with Spanish Manchego slivers and Quince paste
3. Shiraz - Paringa from Portugal $9.99
with grilled old world bread slices and olive oil, topped with Smoked Salmon
4. Zinfandel - Pessagno from San Benito County/California $19.99
with French Feta chunks, sun dried tomatoes, and olive oil with simple crackers
5. Nero d'Avola - Sicily $18.99
with dried fruits like San Benito County apricots, prunes, nuts and such along with Gorgonzola
6. Framboise - Bonny Doon Santa Cruz $9.99
with chocolate and anything else that is left over from the above!
Recipe created 2004-03-27.
© 1996-2013 Dorothy McNett. All Rights Reserved.